Release notes for Gluster 3.8.4This is a bugfix release. The Release Notes for 3.8.0, 3.8.1, 3.8.2 and 3.8.3 contain a listing of all the new features that were added and bugs fixed in the GlusterFS 3.8 stable release.
Bugs addressedA total of 23 patches have been merged, addressing 22 bugs:
- #1332424: geo-rep: address potential leak of memory
- #1357760: Geo-rep silently ignores config parser errors
- #1366496: 1 mkdir generates tons of log messages from dht xlator
- #1366746: EINVAL errors while aggregating the directory size by quotad
- #1368841: Applications not calling glfs_h_poll_upcall() have upcall events cached for no use
- #1368918: tests/bugs/cli/bug-1320388.t: Infrequent failures
- #1368927: Error: quota context not set inode (gfid:nnn) [Invalid argument]
- #1369042: thread CPU saturation limiting throughput on write workloads
- #1369187: fix bug in protocol/client lookup callback
- #1369328: [RFE] Add a count of snapshots associated with a volume to the output of the vol info command
- #1369372: gluster snap status xml output shows incorrect details when the snapshots are in deactivated state
- #1369517: rotated FUSE mount log is using to populate the information after log rotate.
- #1369748: Memory leak with a replica 3 arbiter 1 configuration
- #1370172: protocol/server: readlink rsp xdr failed while readlink got an error
- #1370390: Locks xlators is leaking fdctx in pl_release()
- #1371194: segment fault while join thread reaper_thr in fini()
- #1371650: [Open SSL] : Unable to mount an SSL enabled volume via SMB v3/Ganesha v4
gluster system:: uuid gethangs
- #1372728: Node remains in stopped state in pcs status with "/usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/heartbeat/ganesha_mon: line 137: [: too many arguments ]" messages in logs.
- #1373530: Minor improvements and cleanup for the build system
- #1374290: "gluster vol status all clients --xml" doesn't generate xml if there is a failure in between
- #1374565: [Bitrot]: Recovery fails of a corrupted hardlink (and the corresponding parent file) in a disperse volume