Release notes for Gluster 3.8.3This is a bugfix release. The Release Notes for 3.8.0, 3.8.1 and 3.8.2 contain a listing of all the new features that were added and bugs fixed in the GlusterFS 3.8 stable release.
Out of Order release to address a severe usability regressionDue to a major regression that was not caught and reported by any of the testing that has been performed, this release is done outside of the normal schedule.
The main reason to release 3.8.3 earlier than planned is to fix bug 1366813:
On restarting GlusterD or rebooting a GlusterFS server, only the bricks of the first volume get started. The bricks of the remaining volumes are not started. This is a regression caused by a change in GlusterFS-3.8.2.
This regression breaks automatic start of volumes on rebooting servers, and leaves the volumes inoperable. GlusterFS volumes could be left in an inoperable state after upgrading to 3.8.2, as upgrading involves restarting GlusterD.
Users can forcefully start the remaining volumes, by doing running the
gluster volume start <name> forcecommand.
Bugs addressedA total of 24 patches have been merged, addressing 21 bugs:
- #1357767: Wrong XML output for Volume Options
- #1362540: glfs_fini() crashes with SIGSEGV
- #1364382: RFE:nfs-ganesha:prompt the nfs-ganesha disable cli to let user provide "yes or no" option
- #1365734: Mem leak in meta_default_readv in meta xlators
- #1365742: inode leak in brick process
- #1365756: [SSL] : gluster v set help does not show ssl options
- #1365821: IO ERROR when multiple graph switches
- #1365864: gfapi: use const qualifier for glfs_*timens()
- #1365879: [libgfchangelog]: If changelogs are not available for the requested time range, no proper error message
- #1366281: glfs_truncate missing
- #1366440: [AFR]: Files not available in the mount point after converting Distributed volume type to Replicated one.
- #1366482: SAMBA-DHT : Crash seen while rename operations in cifs mount and windows access of share mount
- #1366489: "heal info --xml" not showing the brick name of offline bricks.
- #1366813: Second gluster volume is offline after daemon restart or server reboot
- #1367272: [HC]: After bringing down and up of the bricks VM's are getting paused
- #1367297: Error and warning messages related to xlator/features/snapview-client.so adding up to the client log on performing IO operations
- #1367363: Log EEXIST errors at DEBUG level
- #1368053: [geo-rep] Stopped geo-rep session gets started automatically once all the master nodes are upgraded
- #1368423: core: use for makedev(3), major(3), minor(3)
- #1368738: gfapi-trunc test shouldn't be .t